The term “personal data” has the meaning as defined in the Ordinance.
Purpose and use of personal data collection
The personal data ATV collects from you may be used for the following purposes (including but not limited to)
· To serve you
· Determine and verify your eligibility for discounts and promotions on goods and services
· Process accounting, billing and fulfilment of prize redemptions
· Design the services you need
· Conduct market research, statistical analysis and behavioural analysis
· Conducting program viewing survey and analysis
· Conduct customer data analysis and analyse your preferences
· To give you the option to participate in interactive features of the services we provide you
· To recommend to you about our services or goods or services of interest to you
· Design our website and content to suit your specific preferences
· Provide you with customer service
· To handle your complaints and account inquiries, claims and/or lawsuits against us or any party
· Prevent and deter fraud
· Audit purpose
· Disclosure as required by applicable laws, rules and regulations
· Any other purpose directly related to the original purpose for which the personal data was collected
Categories of Personal Data Collected
Personal data collected by us may include (including but not limited to):
1. Your personal and contact details such as name, gender, date of birth, ID number, telephone number, social media link, email address, residential address, postal address and/or billing address;
2. Your business information, such as company name and title;
3. Your account information, such as the first and last 4 digits of your credit card account number or user account number;
4. Your household income and personal interests;
5. Your computer or mobile device IP address, real-time location data, browser settings, browsing history and/or other internet log information; and
6. Phone numbers and email addresses included in your phone book (when you use the interactive features of our services for you). We will notify you when you accept our services. When you provide data to us, you confirm that you have obtained consent from the contacts in the phone book.
Confidentiality, Disclosure and Security of Personal Data
The personal data we collect and holds about you will be treated confidentially; however, if it is necessary to perform legal responsibilities in accordance with the provisions or requirements of the law, or to provide you with services, or to carry out the original or directly related purposes of collecting personal data, the Company may disclose such information to the following persons (whether they are located in Malaysia or outside Malaysia):
· Courts of competent jurisdiction, law enforcement agencies, or other government statutory or regulatory authorities, agencies or organizations
· The Company’s affiliates, partners, sellers or contractors, agents or other service providers involved in the sale and marketing or administration of services, or the provision of goods/services
· Our partners include but are not limited to insurance companies, which can evaluate and process insurance product applications, renewal applications, insurance claims and settlements, provide insurance services and/or handle enquiries or complaints
· Any other person under a duty of confidentiality to the company, including group members, IT consultants, data processing contractors, auditors, accountants, or lawyers who have undertaken to keep such information confidential
· Banks, financial institutions, insurance companies, credit card issuers or debt collection service companies
Any questions, comments, suggestions or information transmitted or posted by you on our website or any part of the website, other than personal data, shall be deemed to be provided voluntarily to the company in the form of non-confidential and non-proprietary information. We have the right to use, reproduce, disclose, transmit, publish and/or publish such information elsewhere at our own discretion, including but not limited to providing such information for the purpose of developing and promoting services and satisfying customer needs. to any contact company.
We may share non-personal data publicly, including but not limited to anonymous data and aggregated data related to sales transactions, user traffic, logistics and warehouse performance, and may share with our partners, including but not limited to, with Existing and potential business partners, sellers or contractors of goods/services, start-up entrepreneurs and academia, etc.
We will use all reasonable endeavours to ensure that all personal data held by Asia Television is stored in a reliable, secure and safe place.
We endeavour to keep all personal data collected confidential. However, please understand that we cannot guarantee the security of transmitted data.
Storage of personal data
If you choose or provide a user ID, password or any other information as part of a security procedure, you must treat this information as confidential. You must not disclose it to any third party. If your mobile number is used for account login, you should ensure that you keep it up to date by logging into your account in “Account Information” when your mobile number is changed or returned to your mobile carrier. This is important to ensure that your account information cannot be accessed by third parties who may have obtained the right to use your returned mobile number. You are responsible for protecting your account in this particular manner. We take no responsibility for this.
Unless ATV is required by law to keep your personal data for a specific period of time, ATV will only keep your personal data until the original purpose of collecting the personal data, or a purpose directly related to it, is achieved.
We may use the personal data collected from you for the purpose of sending messages, offers, promotions and market offers, for which the Company requires your consent. We may contact you via email, mobile app notifications, social media links, text messages, text/image/video messages, phone calls or emails. The Company holds your name, email address, telephone number, contact address, social media links, product and service portfolio information, transaction patterns and behaviors, browsing records, program viewing habits, personal interests, and the Company may use such information for direct To promote our services, and the products and services of our business partners below, or categories of products or services of computer application merchants in Asia, including but not limited to food and beverages, groceries, household goods, personal care and wellness, skin care and Cosmetics, Maternity Products, Pet Products, Electronic Appliances, Household Furniture, Food, Drink and Play, Sports Travel, Toy Books, Telecommunications, Media and Entertainment, Fashion, Insurance and Financial Product Categories and for Charitable, Cultural, Public Welfare or Recreational Purposes Ask for a donation or contribution to a product, service or project that may be of interest to you.
If you do not wish to receive any direct marketing communications from us and our partners, you can update your preferences at any time through your registered account or the unsubscribe link provided by us. Upon notification from you, we will stop using your personal data for direct marketing purposes and will not charge you for it.
A “cookie” file is a small text file that is stored on your computer (or other electronic device) when you enter our website and mobile applications. We use “cookie” files on this website to:
· Identify you when you browse this website and mobile application
· Obtain information about your preferences, viewing and browsing behaviour, online activities and internet usage
· Keep track of items stored in your shopping basket and assist you through the checkout process
· Conduct research and statistical analysis to help us improve our services and better understand our visitors and their needs and interests
· Provide advertisements that are tailored to your personal interests to more effectively carry out our, business partners and advertisers’ promotional and advertising programs
· Make your online activities more efficient and experience better
· Tighter security measures
If you do not allow the use of “cookie” files, adjustments can be made on your Internet browser and electronic device. If you disable “cookie” files, you acknowledge that you may not be able to use certain features of our web pages and mobile applications.
Access and Correction of Personal Data
In accordance with the Ordinance, the Company reserves the right to charge you a reasonable fee for the relevant data access request.